Thursday, July 8, 2010

"University Days"

Becoming an average math student is something I would like to consider myself. However, a weakness that I have had all my life until now is mathematics. Becoming a poor math student stared my eighth grade year, we where being introduced to algebra. My teacher at the time, I knew very well for she was in the graduating class of my Aunt Tracy. I was excited but very nervous of learning algebra. Two weeks passed, I found myself struggling and was after school at least an hour extra every day. My teacher tried to help me but nothing clicked, class became harder when we got a student teacher from Benedictine College. This student teacher is new to teaching and made my job as a student more difficult. I only wanted to make my parents proud.However, I passed the class with a C.

As I began high school I found geometry easier, although I had to take an upper level algebra class. The teacher I had was new to the school and has not taught well over five years. He was a poor teacher and help the girls over the guys, which made me upset and more frustrated. The next semester after Christmas break he did not come back. The fill teacher, didn't know what we covered and ask the class. We didn't know many of us started to give up and pay no attention around November. I tried my best entirely!
My sophomore year I took algebra II and instead of getting a C every year, I stared to get B's in mathematics.

I recently took a college algebra class last year, and found myself struggling once more. My Grandpa died a month earlier and told me on as he died he said to me and my brother "Be strong." I remembered his words as I took my class and apply them to life. I read the assignments, did practice problems,I prayed everyday, went to adoration once a week, even purchased a book "Math for The Clueless"! I did all I could in my might and power to succeed in the class. Results were the most rewarding pleasure I have ever received in my life. I was passing my test. I was so thrilled I passed the class.

July 8, 2010 12:17 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment