Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Blog# 6 Fallency

Hasty Generalization: Not only are Asian imported vehicles safer, they are sold at a cheaper price and have better qualities than American or European vehicles. Saying that all Asian vehicles are safer is a claim of great extent. Though Asian imports do have perks over domestic vehicles such as gas mileage; however, safeties rating on Asian imports are not better than most domestic vehicles simply because of cheaper material applied into automotives. The sizes of Asian cars are smaller than domestic, which is more dangerous.

Rationalization: I simply should have passed the micro biology exam! If the tutors would have done their job right and cared about my understanding of the material for this exam. None of this should have happened! Here I used an excuse justifying the reason why I failed the test. Instead of taking more time out of my day studying, I simply blamed the tutors because I had lack of understanding. I used the tutors as a scapegoat, to blame and point the finger. I naturally blamed someone else in order to seek gratification knowing it was not own fault.

Name Calling: The man that leaves above me in my New York apartment is Pakistani and drives a cab. All Pakistani cab drivers are terrorist! In the previous statement, I profiled a person simply because of his ethnicity, using the term above often includes customs and religion. In this immoral statement, I lacked the evidence why the man above was a terrorist, without specific evidence or reason the statement is therefore vague, senseless, in all essence aimless.

No comments:

Post a Comment