Friday, July 30, 2010

Advertising

I seen this acne advertisement in golf digest magazine the product was Noxzema; it certainly was appealing to the eye and caught my immediate attention. I had server acne was I began high school, today I suffer from low-adult acne under my chin and my neck. No one likes acne, especially when someone is my age. I wanted this product and convinced myself that this is a need; therefore, I went to Wal-Mart and looked for it there. I surprisingly found it with cream, alcohol wipes, and face scrub. Once I applied the product and afterwards I felt as it was working, results showed in a few weeks how much of an improvement my face appearance was. The downfall is that my skin adapts to products fast, therefore, I no longer use the product. I currently use safe guard, just anti-bacterial soap prescribed by my doctor and taking a pill bactrim. My acne is disappearing and is working, and I am loving the results; the ad I seen in the magazine I was reading that day was successful, I knew I had a problem and I wanted to fix it and the ad convinced myself it was the answer. Just the layout of the page, color, wording, the product itself and logo made me feel this product would work.

Products that do not appeal to me are Mc Donald’s commercial, whether it takes form in any form of medium. I can it the food, though acknowledging how bad it is for your body, and a previous online nutrition class I took helped me realize how import diet, sleep, and exercise really matters. Therefore I do not love Mc Donald’s and abstain away from all their products. I think it ironic how good their food is in the previews and once you purchase the item it has a oily film on top the bun. One thing that I learned in mass media class is, that the media sells you; and it does just that. Mc Donald’s doesn’t appeal to me, no matter how delicious they want me to think there product is.

No comments:

Post a Comment