Friday, July 23, 2010

Mechanics

The most difficult of principles to apply from today’s reading is using specific concrete language. I attempt to stay away from writing unclear sentences; I learned from the reading that shorter sentences add clearness, structure and vigor to the paragraph. Becoming specific paints a picture in which the reader can visually comprehend and aids understand the message being delivered. In the text on page twenty one for example. A period of unfavorable weather set in, compared to, it rained ever day for a week. By the writer being specific we know that it rained instead of a blizzard or scorching heat.

The begging of the assignments reading begin on page fifteen, here it talks about design applied to different types of writing. I find this part easiest for myself, because if I am familiar with what I am writing, I usually know how to apply the message that I want the reader to receive. Structure of the material must be foreseen and therefore the shape is determined (E.B White Pg 15). Personally I try my best for my ideas to be expressed by applying the best structure for the message to become easy to understand for the reader. I agree with today’s reading, the book mentioned in the beginning, structure is not always known of how to be achieved. However the writer knows where they want to go with their writing.

In my revision process, I believe I may get better by practicing and seeing more precise sentence structure. I usually do not write clear sentence if I feel rushed or if my mind is not where I would like to be. I am thinking if I just thought more before I applied to paper perhaps things would become simple and easily understood. Most important learning to become more specific and use shorter sentences could possibly clear up the unneeded words within my revised paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment